Columbia, South Carolina is a great place to live for those in recovery. The city has many activities and attractions that are perfect for sober people. Lantana Recovery’s Columbia rehab center presents these 11 fun sober activities available in Columbia, SC.
11 Sober Activities in Columbia
- Visit the South Carolina State House: The South Carolina State House is a beautiful piece of architecture and a great sober activity. Guided tours are available Monday through Saturday and are free of charge.
- Take a walk or run on the Three Rivers Greenway: The Three Rivers Greenway is a system of parks and trails along the Saluda, Broad, and Congaree Rivers. It’s a great place to get some exercise and enjoy the outdoors.
- Attend a Columbia Fireflies game: The Columbia Fireflies are the minor league baseball team for Columbia, SC. Attending a game is a great way to spend an afternoon or evening without drinking alcohol.
- Visit the EdVenture Children’s Museum: The EdVenture Children’s Museum is perfect for sober adults who want to relive their childhood or for parents who want to spend time with their kids. The museum has over 250 interactive exhibits for visitors to enjoy.
- See a show at the Nickelodeon Theatre: The Nickelodeon Theatre is an independent movie theatre that shows both new releases and classic films. This is another great sober activity for those who want to relax and escape from reality for a couple of hours.
- Check out the exhibits at the South Carolina Confederate Relic Room and Military Museum: The South Carolina Confederate Relic Room and Military Museum contains artifacts from every major conflict in which South Carolina has been involved, dating back to the Revolutionary War. This sober activity is perfect for history buffs or anyone who wants to learn more about South Carolina’s military history.
- Go hiking at one of Columbia’s many parks: Columbia has over 30 parks, making it easy to find one that’s perfect for your hiking needs. Some of the more popular parks include Riverbanks Zoo & Botanical Garden, Harbison State Forest, and Sesquicentennial State Park.
- Play golf at one of Columbia’s many courses: For those who enjoy playing golf, Columbia has plenty of courses to choose from, including Midlands Golf Course, Cobblestone Park Golf Club, Oak Hills Golf Course, and Eastminster Golf Course (to name just a few).
- Get cultured at one of Columbia’s many art galleries or museums: Art lovers will enjoy visiting one (or more) of Columbia’s many art galleries or museums, such as Gallery Koi ponds Palmetto Center for Women Artists , McKissick Museum , South Carolina State Museum , Gibbes Museum of Art . There really is something for everyone in this list of sober activities in Columbia, SC!
- Visit the South Carolina State Fairgrounds : The fairgrounds host numerous events throughout the year, including car shows , rodeos , festivals , concerts , flea markets , and more . Check the schedule to see what’s going on during your visit .
- Go fishing : Fishing is one of the most popular outdoor activities in South Carolina . There are many lakes and rivers located throughout the state that are perfect for fishing . Some of the more popular spots include Lake Marion , Lake Moultrie , Lake Hartwell , and Santee Cooper Lakes . make sure you have a valid fishing license before you go ! You can purchase one online or at any number of retail locations.
Concluding Sober Activities to do in Columbia, SC
That concludes our list of 11 sober activities to do in Columbia, SC! We hope you enjoyed reading and found this guide useful! If we missed anything or if you have any suggestions, please let us know in the comments below!
You might also be interested in sober activities in Charleston and fun sober activities in Greenville.