Charleston, South Carolina is a beautiful city with plenty to offer residents and tourists alike. But for those who are struggling with addiction, it can be hard to find things to do that don’t involve drinking or using drugs. Lantana Recovery’s Charleston rehab facility put together this list of 10 sober activities to do in Charleston, SC.
Sober Activities in Charleston
1. Take a walk or ride a bike through Historic Downtown Charleston. With its cobblestone streets and antebellum architecture, Charleston is one of the most beautiful cities in the country. Taking a stroll or going for a bike ride is a great way to experience all that the city has to offer.
2. Visit Fort Sumter National Monument. This historic site is where the first shots of the Civil War were fired. Today, it’s a popular tourist destination and a great place to learn about American history.
3. Take a tour of Middleton Plantation. This former rice plantation is now a museun and gardens that are open to the public. Taking a tour of the grounds is a great way to learn about Charleston’s rich history and culture.
4. Visit the Aquarium and Zoo. The South Carolina Aquarium and the Charles Towne Landing Zoo are both great places to see animals and learn about conservation efforts. The aquarium also offers educational programs for all ages.
5. Play golf at one of Charleston’s many world-class golf courses. Charleston is known for its golf courses, so there’s no shortage of places to tee off. Whether you’re a seasoned pro or just starting out, you’re sure to find a course that’s perfect for you.
6. Go fishing at James Island County Park. This county park offers miles of trails for hikers and biking, as well as access to the Wando River for fishing enthusiasts. You can also rent kayaks and paddleboards to explore the river at your own pace.
7 . Attend a yoga class at The Commons . The Commons is a community center that offers yoga classes for all levels of experience . If you’re looking for a way to relax and unwind , yoga is the perfect activity . Plus , you’ll get to meet other members of the community who are interested in healthy living .
8 . Watch a movie at the Terrace Theatre . The Terrace Theatre is an independent movie theater that shows both new releases and classic films . It’s the perfect place to go if you’re looking for something low-key to do .
9 . Browse local shops on King Street . King Street is one of Charleston’s main shopping districts , so it’s ideal if you’re looking to do some shopping . There are plenty of stores selling everything from clothes and accessories to home goods and art .
10 . Have dinner at Halls Chophouse . Halls Chophouse is one of Charleston’s most popular restaurants , known for its steaks and seafood dishes . If you’re looking for a nice night out, Halls Chophouse is the perfect place to go . Just be sure to make reservations in advance because it gets pretty crowded !
Concluding on Charleston Activities to take up in Sobriety
Charleston, SC is a beautiful city with plenty of things to do – even if you’re sober! From taking walks through historic downtown to enjoying dinner at one of Charleston’s many fine restaurants , there are plenty of activities available that don’t involve drinking or using drugs . So if you’re struggling with addiction, don’t despair – there are still plenty of ways to have fun! If you’re thinking about getting in other major cities you might like to read about sober activities in Greenville, SC or sober activities in Columbia, SC.